Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty on the Internet
You should check with your own doctor for your after care treatment and specific wound care.
- Tummy Tuck Support Group - Forum for patients pre-op and post-op to discuss preparations for surgery, what to expect, and any concerns you have before you go in, what your recovery is like, what kinds of problems you may be experiencing.
- Abdominoplasty with procedural sedation and analgesia. Rosenberg MH, Palaia DA, Bonanno PC., Annals of Plastic Surgery 2001 May;46(5):485-7 Read abstract written for medical personnel on abdominoplasty in ambulatory surgery setting with local anesthesia and sedation.
- Tumescent abdominoplasty: full abdominoplasty under local anesthesia with i.v. sedation in an ambulatory surgical facility. Pravecek EJ, Worland RG. Plastic Surgical Nursing 1998 Spring;18(1):38-43 Read summary of an article for medical personnel about local anesthesia and abdominoplasty surgery as an ambulatory office procedure.
- Tumescent abdominoplasty: an ambulatory office procedure. Abramson DL. Aesthetic Plastic Surgery 1998 Nov-Dec;22(6):404-7 Read how abdominoplasty surgery can be done in the office operating room with tumescent local anesthesia with sedation.
- Marriage abdominoplasty expands the mini-abdominoplasty concept. Shestak KC. Plastic Reconstructive Surgery 1999 Mar;103(3):1020-31; discussion 1032-5 Discusses the "marriage abdominoplasty " that combines aggressive superwet local anesthesia liposuction and modifications of the open tummy tuck that can be done in the outpatient ambulatory surgery setting.